• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of "plans"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobM

Hi, we're in Canada, so the rules may be different.

We bought a place after looking at a show home of a developer. The house was exactly what we wanted - our dream home! We put down a deposit, signed the legal stuff.

Construction has started and they're currently framing the house. On the weekend we were shocked to see that the entrance foyer and stairs is different to the original plan they showed us and to that of the show home we based our purchase decision on. We don't want the stairs and foyer to look like what they are building, we want what we saw.

My fiance has all the legal paperwork and contract at her house so I'm not sure what's in there at this point.

She's freaking out!

Do we have any hope of getting this sorted out? What's our best course to take for the builder to tear down and build what we want?

Are we out of luck?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you!
RobertWhat is the name of your state?

Indiana Filer

RobM said:
Hi, we're in Canada, so the rules may be different.
US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

There's a reason it says "What is the name of your state?" in the new message box. Want to guess what that reason is?

RobM

I'm asking for advice on the situation, not legal state-specific answers. That was the point of my first line. I'm not asking about US law.

S

shell007

RobM said:
I'm asking for advice on the situation, not legal state-specific answers. That was the point of my first line. I'm not asking about US law.
Post your state or YOU'LL GET NOTHING!!!

RobM

No one could read that in my first post?

Why ask about my "State" when it says Canada right there?

Thanks for nothing!

S

shell007

RobM said:
No one could read that in my first post?

Why ask about my "State" when it says Canada right there?

Thanks for nothing!
Your welcome!! :)

fairisfair

John Se said:
what did they say when you asked them about this?
John, you are constantly replying to building and construction questions, about which, quite honestly, you actually know very little to begin with. Please do not respond to questions that are outside of the realm of this forum. The poster knows quite well that the rules in Canada are different, he said so himself. This forum is for US Law only, PERIOD.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
OP -

Your best course of action would be to seek out legal advice from someone in Canada who is versed in Canadian laws eh

panzertanker

fairisfair said:
John, you are constantly replying to building and construction questions, about which, quite honestly, you actually know very little to begin with.
I am quite curious, fairisfair, how you can make that statement, when you seem to respond to EVERYTHING in this forum. Building, medical, discrimination, custody rights, tax law, etc.
(go ahead, start yelling at me. I am truly curious about how you can ask that when you seem to feel that you have the knowledge to respond to everything under the sun in this forum. It is a question, asked for clarification. Take it how you want, but it is not a mean-spirited question.)

You Are Guilty

panzertanker said:
I am quite curious, fairisfair, how you can make that statement, when you seem to respond to EVERYTHING in this forum. Building, medical, discrimination, custody rights, tax law, etc.
(go ahead, start yelling at me. I am truly curious about how you can ask that when you seem to feel that you have the knowledge to respond to everything under the sun in this forum. It is a question, asked for clarification. Take it how you want, but it is not a mean-spirited question.)
The same way the rest of us do:
http://www.salemstate.edu/150/images/150-magic_ball.jpg

:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">