• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm really confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brian123

What is the name of your state? MA

I was speeding to work one day and saw a cop a ways behind me. He eventually pulled me over and gave me a ticket for speeding, operating to endanger, unsafe lane changes and following too close. He said one of those was a criminal offense and I would have to go to court.

When I got home I tried to fill out the ticket and mail it back but there wasn't an address on it to send it to - just the name of the magistrate. I called the city police in Somerville and they told me it was a defective ticket and to rip it up. I then called the state police and they said not to rip it up but then gave me the address of where to mail it to.

I recently got a mailing telling me what day to appear in court. Why would the city police (Medford) tell me to rip it up? Is it really a defective ticket? Is that possible? If I go to court, what should I plead?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">