• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VA Registered Stop Violation in NC...PJC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khoato

North Carolina

I got a ticket for a stop sign violaton. This is the first I've heard of the PJC option, so I know I've not used it before. Can I use it if I am not a resident of NC?

lwpat

Supposedly it is available to NC residents only but a traffic court judge can do whatever he wants.

khoato

I was also charged w/ "NO OPERATORS LICENSE" on the same ticket, having been a resident of NC for 5 months, but have not gotten a license nor registred car for NC. I know everyone has to, but I'm just here on a work assignment and will move back to VA once completed. How can I get this charge dropped?

The Occultist

khoato said:
I was also charged w/ "NO OPERATORS LICENSE" on the same ticket, having been a resident of NC for 5 months, but have not gotten a license nor registred car for NC. I know everyone has to, but I'm just here on a work assignment and will move back to VA once completed. How can I get this charge dropped?
You can't. You even admit knowing about this law (not that ignorance is any excuse, mind you). If you get the license before your court date, the judge may show some leniency, but don't count on it.

I think a PJC normally only impacts insurance points, does not help DMV points (but as LWPAT, it's up to the judge.

http://www.ncsu.edu/stud_affairs/legal_services/legaldocs/Trafficpoints.htm

Conviction will be assessed in VA so check with the VA DMV if it will have any impact.

A lawyer has a good chance to mitigate to no points for some $$$ if you want to keep your VA record clean. You probably would need to get you NC licence prior to going to court.

Was this in Treyburn by any chance (Redmill Rd.)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">