• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scrappin10

What is the name of your state? AR

My ex and I did a non-contested divorce. It was final in June. It was wrote up and signed by both of us, the lawyer and judge that our house(in both of our names) is to be sold within 6 mths, bills payed off and if any $$ left over, it is to be split between us. We had the house on the market for 2 weeks, he has pulled the sign out of the yard and decided to rent it..he did all this on his own. He has already had somone fill out an application and rental agreement on the house. He said I have no right to tell him what to do with the house. What can I do??? Am I going to have to take him back to court?? I don't think it is right that I am going to have to pay court/lawyer fees when he is the one disobeying the order....What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
scrappin10 said:
What is the name of your state? AR

My ex and I did a non-contested divorce. It was final in June. It was wrote up and signed by both of us, the lawyer and judge that our house(in both of our names) is to be sold within 6 mths, bills payed off and if any $$ left over, it is to be split between us. We had the house on the market for 2 weeks, he has pulled the sign out of the yard and decided to rent it..he did all this on his own. He has already had somone fill out an application and rental agreement on the house. He said I have no right to tell him what to do with the house. What can I do??? Am I going to have to take him back to court?? I don't think it is right that I am going to have to pay court/lawyer fees when he is the one disobeying the order....What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
File a motion to show cause and ask for all court fees and attorney fees to be paid by him. Also ask for half th rent he is charging the tenant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">