• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job discrimination sexual harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andrew070

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Is this a no win situation???

A few months ago I foolishly became involved with a co-worker within my company. Things began to cool down and about that time I met someone else. I felt that my female co-worker would handle this situation in an adult manner. When my co-worker learned of me meeting someone else, she became angry and vengeful. One week later she went to my HR dept an made the accusation of Sexual harassment. It was determined consensual after an investigation, however things for me have never been the same since. This seemed to be the beginning of a series of Investigations conducted about my workplace behavior and other issues. After this incidient I was suspended for three days and when I returned to work I was transferred to a different department. I was under the supervision of someone who did not like me and constantly found fault with everything I did, this manager began to give me written warnings very frequently. Also, the manager was watching every thing I did including when I took a fifteen minute break. Two months later I was suspended again for a series of allegations that HR was Investigating. Prior to being sent home for the second suspension I ask my HR rep if I could view any "Statements" and/or "Allegations" that played a role in me being suspended for the second time. My Hr rep did tell me the charges and read me some statements that he claims he received from some co-workers. My Hr rep told me he does not have to show me any statements nor tell me who complained about me. After my second suspension I returned to work to find that my position was be changed/downgraded to a lesser position any my pay was being reduced by 185.00 per week/ due to disciplinary action. my questions are the following???

1. Is this correct? that my HR does not have to disclose to me the names of people who complained or gave statements about me??

2. Do my employers actions over these past months toward me (meaning: suspension, demotion, salary reduction etc) look like some sort of "Constructive Termination" or "Progressive Discipline" procedure..meaning they are taking action but it seems slow but progressive..can this be leading to my eventual termination? if so why do they use this method instead of just outright firing me??

3. I do feel that I have no real future at my company any more, but I need the income right now. Does any one feel that I can repair my good reputation that I once had with this organization??

4. Even if the allegations against me can not be definately proven, do you feel this still is hurting my reputation since they don't know what to believe.. Will they always be watching me from now on??

Any advice will be helpful. Thank you.:mad:

mlane58

andrew070 said:
1. Is this correct? that my HR does not have to disclose to me the names of people who complained or gave statements about me??
You are not in a court of law so the employer doesn't have let you see the statements or complaints against you.
2. Do my employers actions over these past months toward me (meaning: suspension, demotion, salary reduction etc) look like some sort of "Constructive Termination" or "Progressive Discipline" procedure..meaning they are taking action but it seems slow but progressive..can this be leading to my eventual termination? if so why do they use this method instead of just outright firing me??
Looks to me they are attempting to correct your behavior and make you successful.
3. I do feel that I have no real future at my company any more, but I need the income right now. Does any one feel that I can repair my good reputation that I once had with this organization??
Thats entirely up to you and maybe you should be asking that question to your HR department.
4. Even if the allegations against me can not be definately proven, do you feel this still is hurting my reputation since they don't know what to believe.. Will they always be watching me from now on??
Again that entirely up to you and how you change your behavior and performance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">