• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? ca

Hi. i am thinking about divorce in the next year.
i lent my husband 30000 almost all I had in the first year of marriage for his business which failed. he signed a note agreeing to pay me back 30000 but he is making it very clear he is not going to pay me back and is cutting me off financially putting a couple of hundred into joint account everymonth for the household instead of about 1200 previously.
I have a young child to look after from a previous relationship and do not want child support. i really just want my 30k back but do want to know what im entitled to first.

He has no asetts but he has a good job 140k/ year with 100k owing to him in vacation pay and 30k in sickleave. Vacation pay is his only assett. He may leave his job in the next coupld of years and would get a lump sum I presume.

What right to I have to portion of vaction pay and how would that work .how would i get it.
Approx What alimony would be expected in this situation based on his 140k sal. i used to support myself trading the stock market succesfullly but I lent him all the money that I used for trading .Married 4 years.

Thanks.
.What is the name of your state? caWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">