• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikemo

AZ Moe
Here is my question. My soon to be ex-wife signed over a Qiut Claim Deed in Jan. of this year. The land is under two other person name as well. Now she says she want half of my land. Can she legally do this? Everthing was Notaries and put into public records. Thanks for your time.
Moe AZ:confused:

nextwife

Before she signed the QC, how much interest did you and she have? Was the QC in exchange for some consideration- assumption of a debt, in reciept of a lump sum payment, etc.

seniorjudge

mikemo said:
AZ Moe
Here is my question. My soon to be ex-wife signed over a Qiut Claim Deed in Jan. of this year. The land is under two other person name as well. Now she says she want half of my land. Can she legally do this? Everthing was Notaries and put into public records. Thanks for your time.
Moe AZ:confused:
How was the place titled in the first place?

mikemo

nextwife said:
Before she signed the QC, how much interest did you and she have? Was the QC in exchange for some consideration- assumption of a debt, in reciept of a lump sum payment, etc.
None I have all the dept. The house was in my name.I paid all of the bills for the time we have been married.
Know she is defaulting on her bills in her name That I'm trying to find out what is out there?? But these Companies won't release information because I'm not on the charge card. But they will keep calling. Ever-Time I refiance the house which has been 3 times because of interest rates going down back then. She would sign off on the house QC. So what make the difference? Like I said all of the bill were paid by my
cking account. Thank again:confused:

mikemo

seniorjudge said:
How was the place titled in the first place?
It was sign in a LLC Which Two of my brothers and there wives signed on. And When my soon to be ex wife signed off back in Jan. The LLC accepcted here sign off to the QC with a letter back to her. Remind you she has not made one payment I have all copies of payment for the land and all taxes due. That are out of my checking account. It just like the house she signed the QC every time I would refiaance no one force her she didn't want to be on the title. Why I don't know I'm still trying to figure this out?? Thanks for reading
Moe AZ

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She is entitled to a portion of your portion of the LLC. That is a business in which you are a part of. Just because she signed a quit claim deed (required by the bank during a refinance so that she cannot claim an interest in priority of their mortgage) does not mean she is not entitled a equitable share of your portion of the LLC and other marital property. As for the marital debt, you are each entitled to that.

nextwife

Ohiogal said:
She is entitled to a portion of your portion of the LLC. That is a business in which you are a part of. Just because she signed a quit claim deed (required by the bank during a refinance so that she cannot claim an interest in priority of their mortgage) does not mean she is not entitled a equitable share of your portion of the LLC and other marital property. As for the marital debt, you are each entitled to that.
Not sure about that.

IF the LLC property was a premarital asset, and non-marital funds were being used to pay for it, she may NOT have any automatic right to half his interest. AS a matter of fact, even if marital funds were used to make payments, she may only have a right to half the equity that his interest accrued during the term of the marriage.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
nextwife said:
Not sure about that.

IF the LLC property was a premarital asset, and non-marital funds were being used to pay for it, she may NOT have any automatic right to half his interest. AS a matter of fact, even if marital funds were used to make payments, she may only have a right to half the equity that his interest accrued during the term of the marriage.
Good point. I was going with the idea that it was a marital asset. HOWEVER, if the income from the LLC was used to pay for marital property and depending on the income from the LLC is determined..... he needs a lawyer to review the entire situation. But wife signing a quit claim doesn't mean she loses her marital interest -- whatever that may be. Just her ownership interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">