• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long to keep awarded items?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ICUB4ER

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My divorce trial was on June 8th and we finally got everything settled that day. I packed up all of the property that was awarded to my ex, but it is STILL sitting here. How long do I have to keep this stuff around tripping over it? I would like to get it out of my way but I have been unable to contact my ex to arrange a pick up time.
Does he have a certain length of time in which to collect his items? There is no time limit addressed in the final decree.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ICUB4ER said:
What is the name of your state? Kansas

My divorce trial was on June 8th and we finally got everything settled that day. I packed up all of the property that was awarded to my ex, but it is STILL sitting here. How long do I have to keep this stuff around tripping over it? I would like to get it out of my way but I have been unable to contact my ex to arrange a pick up time.
Does he have a certain length of time in which to collect his items? There is no time limit addressed in the final decree.
Then he has a reasonable time and 30 days is not a long period of time. Send him a CRRR stating that his property is ready for him to pick up and you would like it removed. Tell him to contact you and let you know when he will be retrieving his items and that time is of the essence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">