• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No prosecutors, how to bargain for less fine?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poweryuan

What is the name of your state? MA, got speeding ticket in VA

I was told by the court clerk that there is no prosecutors, only me, the officer and the judge in the court. In this case how to bargain for less fine if I plead guilty?

At the risk of getting reamed by the holier than thou types, because I am not in NJ, but this is also how it generally goes in PA (no prosecutor in attendance).

To reference a similar situation that I was in (in PA), I negotiated with the officer before the judge (magistrate) arrived and was able to get the ticket reduced (although I believe I could have had it dismissed but in that case I choked).

I would suggest you attend a court session before yours is scheduled to see how the court does it's business and how others go about negotiating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">