• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dianna55

What is the name of your state? california
abot 2 months ago I was involved in a car incidence in my employer's parking lot with. It involved a security guard claiming that I cause a scratch on her car when I backed into it. The issues has since been resolved but now I hear that the head of security and the guardl showed other people the picutres she took and all the details that were of a personal nature to other people. I have not talked to her Manager regarding this becuase it is very embarassing to me that I was the talk of the lunch table and that other people know my business. This person was telling others about it at the lunch table and gave details that no one knew but the guard, her boss and myself. When asked how did she know about it and she said from the guards boss. My question is, can I sue them for slander and sexual harrassment?

moburkes

Are you saying that the security guard told people about the car accident? What "personal business" of yours were they telling? What did they do for you to claim sexual harrassment? You will need to be more specific in your response, than you were in your original message.

dianna55

slander.

The security guard and manager told other peple about the incidence plus showed pictures that she took of both cars and made my name the subject of lunchtime gossip. The person that she told was giving all the details to people that did not know of the issue and she said that she was told by the security guard's manager and the security guard herself. She was giving details about the incidence that only the 3 of us knew. I could be going a little overboard with the sexual harrassment but by them telling everyone my business did embarass me. I am only trying to see what legal action can I take against them.

panzertanker

dianna55 said:
I am only trying to see what legal action can I take against them.
None. You were involved in this situation. She is not lying about it. Embarrassing? Sure.

Gonna have to get over it...

moburkes

You cannot take any legal action. Let me clarify that, you shouldn't take any. You weren't harmed. The other person gave details of an accident that occurred, right? Don't you see accident details on the news and in the newspaper where you live?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
dianna55 said:
The security guard and manager told other peple about the incidence plus showed pictures that she took of both cars and made my name the subject of lunchtime gossip. The person that she told was giving all the details to people that did not know of the issue and she said that she was told by the security guard's manager and the security guard herself. She was giving details about the incidence that only the 3 of us knew. I could be going a little overboard with the sexual harrassment but by them telling everyone my business did embarass me. I am only trying to see what legal action can I take against them.
Let's be clear. You cannot take any legal action. You were not slandered.
Move along now, nothing to see here...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">