• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor Not Keeping his end of the contract..Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gioia

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi there. On February 26, 2006, my husband and I hired a GC to do home improvement on our house. It's not a big job. It's just enclosing of an existing porch, adding a new "small" powder room and refinishing the LR, DR and new front room floors. It is now July 13, 2006 and he still has not finished. We call him leave him messages and he rarely returns our phone calls. When he does, he asks for another day because he's at another job. I don't know what else to do. I have a 16 month old baby and have no place for her to play or watch tv. We have a POD (Portable on Demand Storage) that's costing us $200 a month since Feb. My concerns are the following:

Can I kick him off the job and have another contractor finish the job?
Can I backcharge him for the POD?
And lastly, if my daughter gets hurt, is he responsible?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

GioiaWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

gioia said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hi there. On February 26, 2006, my husband and I hired a GC to do home improvement on our house. It's not a big job. It's just enclosing of an existing porch, adding a new "small" powder room and refinishing the LR, DR and new front room floors. It is now July 13, 2006 and he still has not finished. We call him leave him messages and he rarely returns our phone calls. When he does, he asks for another day because he's at another job. I don't know what else to do. I have a 16 month old baby and have no place for her to play or watch tv. We have a POD (Portable on Demand Storage) that's costing us $200 a month since Feb. My concerns are the following:

Can I kick him off the job and have another contractor finish the job?
Can I backcharge him for the POD?
And lastly, if my daughter gets hurt, is he responsible?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

GioiaWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Q: Can I kick him off the job and have another contractor finish the job?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I backcharge him for the POD?
A: No.

Q: And lastly, if my daughter gets hurt, is he responsible?
A: Not unless he comes over there and hurts her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">