• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with PA dl suspension over 15 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b3w4r3

I'm am currently living in Florida and have been here for over 15 years consecutivly. Today I went to renew my FL drivers license, and they told me PA has my licence suspended there. The suspension is for two unpaid tickets in New Jersey which occured back in 1989. I have not been licensed in PA for over 15 years. When I got my FL drivers license six years ago I believe they told me about the suspension, but since it was so long ago they gave me a license anyway. This time he would not renew my license because of PA's hold (thats what he said they have a hold on me for a suspension).

What is my best course of action here? I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations prevents them from making me pay any fines. How do I go about clearing this hold? I tried the website for PA drivers licenses, but they require my driver number which I surely don't have after 15 years.

Any advice is appreciated. I think I'm going to try a different license office tomorrow, and see if I get different results.

seniorjudge

b3w4r3 said:
I'm am currently living in Florida and have been here for over 15 years consecutivly. Today I went to renew my FL drivers license, and they told me PA has my licence suspended there. The suspension is for two unpaid tickets in New Jersey which occured back in 1989. I have not been licensed in PA for over 15 years. When I got my FL drivers license six years ago I believe they told me about the suspension, but since it was so long ago they gave me a license anyway. This time he would not renew my license because of PA's hold (thats what he said they have a hold on me for a suspension).

What is my best course of action here? I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations prevents them from making me pay any fines. How do I go about clearing this hold? I tried the website for PA drivers licenses, but they require my driver number which I surely don't have after 15 years.

Any advice is appreciated. I think I'm going to try a different license office tomorrow, and see if I get different results.
Q: What is my best course of action here?

A: Surrender in Pennsylvania.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">