• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Varifying Employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LegalEBlonde

What is the name of your state? IL

I need to find out if my husband is currently working. Is there a way for me to do that with his SSN#?

nextwife

Maybe. (of course a person can be working as a contractor or self-employed and thus will not appear anywhere as an "employee").

Have you tried calling him at work?

ceara19

nextwife said:
Maybe. (of course a person can be working as a contractor or self-employed and thus will not appear anywhere as an "employee").

Have you tried calling him at work?
I don't think the OP knows WHERE he works since she is trying to locate him using his SS#.

nextwife

LegalEBlonde said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I need to find out if my husband is currently working. Is there a way for me to do that with his SSN#?
Then why doesn't she simply say "I'm trying to locate my husband"?

ceara19

nextwife said:
Then why doesn't she simply say "I'm trying to locate my husband"?
I don't think she really cares where he LIVES. If she is trying to collect child support, she needs to find out WHERE he works.

nextwife

fairisfair said:
Your right, it isn't, but I have to agree with Ceara, if you squint real hard, you can almost see it between the lines!;)
Not necessarilly. The poster could also be concerned with paying alimony, and proving he doesn't need it.

Lots of childless couples divorce.

LegalEBlonde

I left our home because of physical and mental abuse, I have since been paying the mortgage and all the utilities to save my credit. In his answer to our divorce papers he claims he has been unemployed for the past 8 months. I don't believe that is true, so I am trying to find a way to prove that he is working and can support himself.

fairisfair

LegalEBlonde said:
I left our home because of physical and mental abuse, I have since been paying the mortgage and all the utilities to save my credit. In his answer to our divorce papers he claims he has been unemployed for the past 8 months. I don't believe that is true, so I am trying to find a way to prove that he is working and can support himself.
don't you know any of his friends or family? are we talking about large amounts of $$ here? Enough to justify hiring a PI??

LegalEBlonde

Unfortuneatly, he is a very intimidating man and no one wants to get involved. I only talk to one girl who's husband is friends with him..but he refuses to have any part of it. He has been physically abusive to his own family members as well...just has a bad reputation...so for obvious reasons no one wants to say anything....if they do know anything. I was thinking that I can run a credit report, but those aren't always up to date anyway. It just frustrates me because I put all the money down on the house with the money I made from the sale of my condo and have the paper work to prove it...it's just a matter of proving all of this in court next month. I just want to have as much ammunition as possible when I go in there. I was granted the right to sell the house since he didn't show up to the court date, but because of the way he is....I fear of what the house would look like upon showings...and I know it's going to be a hassel. So I am just trying to prove that he is able to support himself and has no reaon to remain in the residence so I can clean it up and sell it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Subpoena his bank and employment records for the last three years. That is a court order requiring him to bring them to court. If not, he is in contempt. Subpoena also his income tax returns for the last three years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">