• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should i do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lori8099

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

Ok so this could get kinda long...but here goes....i rented an apartment..lived there for almost 1 year ...when i moved in they said no cats or dogs..but caged animals were fine...now... my landlords assantent and i did not get along...so...when we were all at work...she must of came into my apartment to snoop (i only know this cuz i had cought her on other occations going in to my neighbors apartments..there were 10 apartments total)so she saw i had a baby snake in a glass tank....and sent me evection notice...we went to court...judge gave me ample time to find another place.. thought i was never going to have to deal with this woman again..and now the story begins..

when we were moving out.. my husband and i have a motorcycle (we have owned it sence 1980) well...my neighbor (and friend sence high school..over 20 years ago!!) said that i could keep it in her garage (her apartment has a garage attached!) so we did.... now.. i called her yesterday to go pick up the bike..she said "thought you already came and got it" its gone!!! so i did some calling around..and so did she..and we found the bike.. this landlords assantent had it towed out of there...so the tow company has it..and wants $750 to get it back (towing and storage fees..and he is gining me a break cuz i told him the story)...now if we left the bike in the care of another tenent...and she still lives there now...and said she would even put in writing that we left the bike with her...did she have the right to tow it out of there??? and what can i do about it?? can i hold her responsible for the charges?? and knowing this woman..i know she did it just because we didnt get along..and she knew the bike was ours!! help!! can this be a small claims suit???any suggestions on what do do..and how to go about doing it..please let me know..thanks and have a great day..Lori

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">