• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

La-Z-boy defective chair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjm583

I am located in California and we bought a rocker/recliner from La-Z-boy, the chair has never been right (makes lots of noise and clicks when you rock). They have sent out a repair person 4 times and tried unsuccessfully to fix it. The same guy who has showed up for the last two said that he didn't know what could be done and thought that they should probably send a new chair. Their customer service department however says that now they have some other miraculous solution. Problem is they take a month or longer each time to order some mysterious part then another2 weeks to a month to get a service guy out there.

I think they are stalling so that the warranty will be up after a year then they can avoid replacing it. I would like to have some advice on how I can put pressure on them to either give me a new chair or give me my money back either is a very acceptable outcome, but I am tired of the useless attempts to fix the chair and waste my time.

Please let me know if anyone has any advice. Thanks.

lzblake

Send them a demand letter threatening to sue if they don't replace chair or give you your money back. If they don't respond take them to small claims court.

P.S. This post is in the wrong section. Not Lemon Law

seniorjudge

lzblake said:
Send them a demand letter threatening to sue if they don't replace chair or give you your money back. If they don't respond take them to small claims court.
Your damages will be the dollar amount you paid for the chair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">