• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto incident advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aindrei

Washington state.

Monday evening my wife came to pick me from work with the car and she was waiting for me to come down. The car was parked on the sidewalk in front of the building where I work (that spot on the sidewalk is actually the entrance to the service garage in the building I work so I’m not exactly sure if it was parked illegal or legal). Exactly when I come down I saw a person that was walking on the sidewalk bumping accidentally into the side of the car and making a ding to the rear right side of the car. This guy was a fitness instructor doing his class outside with a bunch of other people. He told me that his company will take care of everything. He didn’t have an ID with him but I made a picture of him and found out his name.

I later spoke with the general manager of the fitness company and after couple of days she replied to me that after speaking with the instructor and with some other class participants, the witnesses feel that the instructor was not at fault. She also told me that if I would like to pursue the matter I should file a complaint with the police department.

I need advice about what are my options at this moment.

Thanks!

efflandt

As in most states, parking is not allowed on sidewalks or crosswalks in Washington state. So it sounds like it was illegally parked.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
efflandt said:
As in most states, parking is not allowed on sidewalks or crosswalks in Washington state. So it sounds like it was illegally parked.
efflandt:
Illegally parked or not, you are not allowed to go around putting dents/dings in to other people's cars.

OP:
What did the police say when you contacted them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">