• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fail to maintain single marked lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david_75901

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hey All, I have a question. I got a Ticket for failure ti maintain a single marked lane. I live in Texas. There had been road construction that day, and the road was on big black top. The construction crew had not repainted white lines in the road. The officer stoped me, and told me that I had been crossing the white lines. I was shocked, I turned to him and said that the road had no lines on it. He said that I was going out of my lane, if there would have been lines, twice. I am not the best of drivers. I did not know that I had crossed the "invissible" lane though. Is this worth fighting in the court room. Thanks for any advice.

David

seniorjudge

david_75901 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Hey All, I have a question. I got a Ticket for failure ti maintain a single marked lane. I live in Texas. There had been road construction that day, and the road was on big black top. The construction crew had not repainted white lines in the road. The officer stoped me, and told me that I had been crossing the white lines. I was shocked, I turned to him and said that the road had no lines on it. He said that I was going out of my lane, if there would have been lines, twice. I am not the best of drivers. I did not know that I had crossed the "invissible" lane though. Is this worth fighting in the court room. Thanks for any advice.

David
I'm with you. I don't know how you can be charged with crossing a line that wasn't there. I hope you have pictures taken that day.

david_75901

So you think I should fight the ticket in court?

The Judge that is persiding over the case lives out by me, So I feel that he would know about the construction. He drives over it everyday. I will take pictures,and get a written statement by the Construction company as well, stating that the road that day had no markings on it.

Thanks

David

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">