• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurricane Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cally O

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hello
I purchased a car 2002 ford focus. It has a clear title. I thought I was getting a good deal. It was sold as is. I signed the usual papers. The man seemed adamant he did not know the history of vehicle. I had a problem with a short. I took it to a mechnic and he told me and actually showed me the car was a flood car. He said it was more than likly the Hurricane Katrina car. Several rust spots I had not seen before. The dealer seemed so adamant and now that I know the car was in flood. It is showing rust, and the dealer has been in business for several years.He still has the title we owe 800 dollars and are nearly ready to have it paid in full. He had told us a mechanic checked it out.Contract states as is.I checked the Katrina flood auto disclosure site and my VIN showed up clean.The dealer said he bought it at an auction, and he appeared to be very anxious to get it off the lot now as I have some hind si:eek: ght. But the car has defenitly been in a salt water flood. Did he have a legal obligation to tell me it was a flood car? If he did not know does he have an obligation to remedy the non disclosure even given the benefit of the doubt he did not know?

Thank YouWhat is the name of your state?

racer72

The flooding in New Orleans was fresh water, not salt water. Your obligation was to have the car checked out prior, not after the purchase. Everything in your post is pure speculation, you have no proof that the car was in a flood.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">