• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident, Being the one at fault, and my choices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vinniepaz730

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hey guys, about 6/7 months ago, I was coming out of the parking spot on a parking spot, and rear ended the bumper of a chevy malibu slightly. At the time, i Gave him my name and address and said, if he was going to fix it, I will pay for the cost. He said he probably would not fix it , and let it go, but after about a week ,he said he fixed it and it costed aobut 450$, and he wanted the money now, so I decide to meet with him one day, and he doesn't show up. Then , i ask him , being friendly, that he can send the receipt to my house and I will verify it and pay him the money, and he said he will, and never sends it, now after 6/7 months, he suddenly calls me and says he wants the money asap, and wen i say i need to verify the receipt, he says He will give me the receipt only when i bring the money??(scam?), anyways, i feel like i'm being cheated, but no insurance policies were involved, we did not report it to the insurance company, because he went to my school at the time.

andy

Happy Trails

vinniepaz730 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hey guys, about 6/7 months ago, I was coming out of the parking spot on a parking spot, and rear ended the bumper of a chevy malibu slightly. At the time, i Gave him my name and address and said, if he was going to fix it, I will pay for the cost. He said he probably would not fix it , and let it go, but after about a week ,he said he fixed it and it costed aobut 450$, and he wanted the money now, so I decide to meet with him one day, and he doesn't show up. Then , i ask him , being friendly, that he can send the receipt to my house and I will verify it and pay him the money, and he said he will, and never sends it, now after 6/7 months, he suddenly calls me and says he wants the money asap, and wen i say i need to verify the receipt, he says He will give me the receipt only when i bring the money??(scam?), anyways, i feel like i'm being cheated, but no insurance policies were involved, we did not report it to the insurance company, because he went to my school at the time.

andy
If you think the charges are unfair, then let him pursue the matter in small claims court an let the court decide.

If you think that they seem reasonable and don't want to fight it, then pay him the money.

Be sure you get a release form signed by him stating that you have satisfied the debt in full for all the damages due to this accident.

ecmst12

You know that you have to pay for the cost of the repair whether or not he actually gets it done. You don't have the right to verify that he had the repair done. What you should be asking for is the written estimate of the cost to repair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">