• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property - Law of Tort Q1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Intendere

What is the name of your state? VA

Hello, I am new to law and am taking an introductory course. I have been given a question to think about and contribute to in a blackboard forum but it is puzzling me. If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated. This is the question/scenario:

Austin Homes Ltd is building an estate of houses in three phases. The first phase is completed and all the houses have been sold and are occupied. The second phase is nearing completion with some sold, and the third phase is just about to commence.

Alison, who bought one of the houses in the first phase from Austin Homes Ltd, has sold it to Susan. Susan has made the following complaints to Austin Homes Ltd:

1. Vibration and noise are being caused by delivery lorries to the site daily.
  2. A crane which is used to unload materials swings over her garden
  3. There is unsecured fencing around the second nad third phases which is allowing access to children who are using the site as a play area
  4. She is being asked to pay for work to rectify a design fault with the roof. Austin Homes Ltd is doing the work for the original purchasers of phase 1 houses, free of charge, but has told Susan she must pay (or find someone else to do the work), as she did not purchase the property from the company.
Advise Austin Homes Ltd of any legal liability that may arise from these matters.

Thanks and look forward to your responses!What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Intendere said:
What is the name of your state? VA

Hello, I am new to law and am taking an introductory course. I have been given a question to think about and contribute to in a blackboard forum but it is puzzling me. If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated. This is the question/scenario:

Austin Homes Ltd is building an estate of houses in three phases. The first phase is completed and all the houses have been sold and are occupied. The second phase is nearing completion with some sold, and the third phase is just about to commence.

Alison, who bought one of the houses in the first phase from Austin Homes Ltd, has sold it to Susan. Susan has made the following complaints to Austin Homes Ltd:

1. Vibration and noise are being caused by delivery lorries to the site daily.
  2. A crane which is used to unload materials swings over her garden
  3. There is unsecured fencing around the second nad third phases which is allowing access to children who are using the site as a play area
  4. She is being asked to pay for work to rectify a design fault with the roof. Austin Homes Ltd is doing the work for the original purchasers of phase 1 houses, free of charge, but has told Susan she must pay (or find someone else to do the work), as she did not purchase the property from the company.
Advise Austin Homes Ltd of any legal liability that may arise from these matters.

Thanks and look forward to your responses!What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Lorries? Do they have bonnets?

tranquility

Nobody likes doing other people's homework. However, some don't mind helping out those who are trying to learn.

What are the legal issues you see in the scenario?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">