• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A/C Unit Freezing up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scheer

What is the name of your state? Michigan

We built a new home in 1998. Since the construction was not completed until late fall,all of the installation of the heating and cooling, was done at that time, including the coil for the A/C. We waited until the spring of 1999 to have the A/C unit installed, and in August the unit froze up. The contractor came out and and got it up and running again, and did not tell us what happened. This has happened almost every other year since the unit has been installed. It is a slow leak. They have tried to find the leak, but could not.( This is stated on the invoices) The last time they were out was in July of 2004. They were here two different times. They replaced 2 Schraeder valves(1 valve had oil in it), replaced to service caps with threads sealent (1 had oil/corrosion in it) Checked condensing unit for leaks, and found none,and they made me pay for labor at that time. It is no longer under warranty, its now low on freon again, and we have to have it serviced. The leak has been there since it was installed, and I have invoices to prove it. Should this have been fixed, the first time it happened? Do I have any recource? And if so what. I have had it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">