• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to sell the house if she will not sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpy

What is the name of your state? MD

Hello to all. My wife and I own a house and she is not willing to sell it with me. Due to the cost of it in my area I can not afford to move out and support 2 homes. I do not want to mess up either of are credit and not pay the bills but what do I have to do to get the house sold?

nextwife

Don't move out unless ordered to - it's just as much your home as hers. File for divorce and ask that the home be ordered sold or that she be required to buy out your interest and finance you off the mortgage. Do NOT agree to quit claim the house to her UNTIL the mortgage is being paid off. And provide the QC through the title company who is closing the transactionin exchange for your payout and only when the mortgage is released.

An amazing number of family law attorneys are clueless about real esate and about how mortgage underwriting and credit scoring works these days. They are also oblivious to the reality that any open mortgage on which your name still appears can adversely impact your credit score, and thus, your ability to finance in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">