• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

use of my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVal

What is the name of your state? Texas

I separated from my now ex-wife four years ago. She was served her papers after of year of separation. She kept everything I did not fight for anything. I found out a week ago that the apartment she is living in is under my name and I never gave her permission nor did I sign any papers at the apartment complex saying she can put it in my name. I am thinking she may have also used my social security number to obtain the apartment. Can she do that?:mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Was this the apartment you two were living in at the time of the marriage? If so then the apartment may have just carried over. If not then she cannot rent an apartment using your social/name.

nextwife

Did you inform the LL that you had moved out and divorced? So that when the lease rolled over the LL would require a reapplication from her?

NVal

Use my name

:mad:
When we separated I left her with a three bed room two bath home for $400.00 a month that included the house insurance in the payment and had only 5 years to pay and it would have been hers. She got evicted a year after I moved out and then got an apartment in my name which I believe was fraudulent because she did it without my consent. I don't understand how the apartment complex let her lease an apartment without my signature. Can she obtain an apartment in my name one year after we separated even though I would have never had done that for her? She has ruined my credit by not paying on car notes. I also believe she may have utilities in my name and may have recently obtained a credit card in my name for her use. I believe she has stole my idenity!!!!!

LdiJ

NVal said:
When we separated I left her with a three bed room two bath home for $400.00 a month that included the house insurance in the payment and had only 5 years to pay and it would have been hers. She got evicted a year after I moved out and then got an apartment in my name which I believe was fraudulent because she did it without my consent. I don't understand how the apartment complex let her lease an apartment without my signature. Can she obtain an apartment in my name one year after we separated even though I would have never had done that for her? She has ruined my credit by not paying on car notes. I also believe she may have utilities in my name and may have recently obtained a credit card in my name for her use. I believe she has stole my idenity!!!!!
Are you still married?

Bali Hai

NVal said:

Well it happens all the time. A friend of mine took on all debt including credit cards in exchange for the marital residence.

Before he could cancel one of the cards, his ex-wife went out and got a $6,000 tit job.

NVal

using my name

so even though she had the house and everything in it and she lost it because she stopped paying for it she can go to any apartment complex and get an apartment in MY name after we had been separated over a year and that is ok? She can ruin my credit more and use my name and possibly my ss# to get an apartment, utilities, and a credit card and it's ok?

BelizeBreeze

O.K. maybe I' m too damn tired but I have yet to see anyone ask the question, are you talking about your FULL name (as in first, middle and last) or only your last name?

fairisfair

I was wondering the same thing, but then assumed he must mean his full name when he started talking about identity theft. Guess we should never assume.

NVal

using my name

ok.... let's see if this will clear it up.... The hag and I had already separeted for year and now there is an apartment that is being rented in only my name, first and last, that I have never lived in, and that I have never signed for! She went and got the apartment all by herself using my first and my last name and possibly my ss#. I NEVER told her she could she did it without my knowledge. I have nothing to do with the apartment except thet she got it in my name!!!!!

BelizeBreeze

NVal said:
ok.... let's see if this will clear it up.... The hag and I had already separeted for year and now there is an apartment that is being rented in only my name, first and last, that I have never lived in, and that I have never signed for! She went and got the apartment all by herself using my first and my last name and possibly my ss#. I NEVER told her she could she did it without my knowledge. I have nothing to do with the apartment except thet she got it in my name!!!!!
Well guess what? You're still married. Guess that shoots the hell out of the old hag theory :D

Bali Hai

BelizeBreeze said:
Well guess what? You're still married. Guess that shoots the hell out of the old hag theory :D
Correct. She is still Op's old hag and he is going to pay until he wises up..

NVal

using my name

Well actually like I stated earlier in my very first question at the top I am already divorced.....forget it and thanks for the great advice!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">