• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Statements Requested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HeatherAnn

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

My husbands attorney has reqested I give him a copy of the last 4 years of my Credit Card Statements (9 in all), because he doesn't want to pay 1/2 of them and want's to see what I spent $30,000 on (we were married for 20 yrs). Most credit card company's charge a fee for doing this. I do not have the money at this time to pay the fees. Is it true that he can summons these records directly from the creditors through the court? I am doing my divorce on my own (ProSe) and do not know the laws on this.

LdiJ

HeatherAnn said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

My husbands attorney has reqested I give him a copy of the last 4 years of my Credit Card Statements (9 in all), because he doesn't want to pay 1/2 of them and want's to see what I spent $30,000 on (we were married for 20 yrs). Most credit card company's charge a fee for doing this. I do not have the money at this time to pay the fees. Is it true that he can summons these records directly from the creditors through the court? I am doing my divorce on my own (ProSe) and do not know the laws on this.

That is an unreasonable request. Particularly in light of the fact that you have been married for 20 years so what you spent the money on is pretty irrelevant.

It looks to me like you have reached the point where you really need an attorney of your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">