• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Liability Coverage/Wrongful Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NickinCincy

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I posted earlier, and I realize that all cases are different, but in dealing with our attorney and what he recommends, as well as what others have told us, I need some advice.

My dad was a passenger in a truck and was killed when the driver of the truck he was in failed to yield properly at a railroad crossing, and they were both killed by an oncoming train. The liability coverage of the truck is in excess of 1.5 million dollars...there are (5) surviving adult children, father was 64 years old.

Is it feasible that we should ask for, and is it feasible that we will recieve, the entire limits of the policy (1.5 million). Even though there are no dependent children, the loss is incredible in terms of emotional and companionship. One attorney said he would expect that we should ask for the entire 1.5 million and then some, because an umbrella policy would kick in, another attorney said since we are adult children we should not expect to recieve the full amount. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

seniorjudge

NickinCincy said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I posted earlier, and I realize that all cases are different, but in dealing with our attorney and what he recommends, as well as what others have told us, I need some advice.

My dad was a passenger in a truck and was killed when the driver of the truck he was in failed to yield properly at a railroad crossing, and they were both killed by an oncoming train. The liability coverage of the truck is in excess of 1.5 million dollars...there are (5) surviving adult children, father was 64 years old.

Is it feasible that we should ask for, and is it feasible that we will recieve, the entire limits of the policy (1.5 million). Even though there are no dependent children, the loss is incredible in terms of emotional and companionship. One attorney said he would expect that we should ask for the entire 1.5 million and then some, because an umbrella policy would kick in, another attorney said since we are adult children we should not expect to recieve the full amount. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

One attorney said he would expect that we should ask for the entire 1.5 million and then some, because an umbrella policy would kick in

Go with this attorney; the other one has no idea what he is doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">