• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adultery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackyoung

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

If my spouse falsely accuses me of adultery with people that I have NOT committed adultery with, can I do anything to my spouse? I have admitted to adultery with one person, but my spouse is stating that she can prove several more, which is not TRUE at all.

Neal1421

jackyoung said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

If my spouse falsely accuses me of adultery with people that I have NOT committed adultery with, can I do anything to my spouse? I have admitted to adultery with one person, but my spouse is stating that she can prove several more, which is not TRUE at all.
What exactly is it that you are trying to "do to her"? :confused:

jackyoung

Neal1421 said:
What exactly is it that you are trying to "do to her"? :confused:
Supposedly she is going to have all these people depositioned, along with their spouses, and kids..... just wondered can she falsely accuse all these people? I didn't know if there was any legal action, that I or the other people could take against her?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
jackyoung said:
Supposedly she is going to have all these people depositioned, along with their spouses, and kids..... just wondered can she falsely accuse all these people? I didn't know if there was any legal action, that I or the other people could take against her?
Let her spend the money. First of all if they are not parties, the court would have to find reason to force them to a deposition along with their spouses and kids. And the court is NOT going to like kids being dragged into depositions on adult matters such as divorce. Second, does your spouse know how expensive a deposition is? They can easily run $500 and up -- A PIECE!

chitown

Have learned there is a difference between ethical and legal actions in divorce. There are times when openness, honesty and being fair need to be strongly considered before commencing. The sad truth is the opposing party may not have the same moral standards as you and will capitalize on your honesty. Is sometimes best to simply forget. It is hard to prove someone doesnt remember.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
chitown said:
Have learned there is a difference between ethical and legal actions in divorce. There are times when openness, honesty and being fair need to be strongly considered before commencing. The sad truth is the opposing party may not have the same moral standards as you and will capitalize on your honesty. Is sometimes best to simply forget. It is hard to prove someone doesnt remember.
You are out of line entirely. Before posting you better be sure that you are telling someone the correct legal answer. No one is to be on this site telling posters to lie or otherwise state they do not remember when they do. OP has been answered. You are not providing any legitimate legal advice and if anyone were to take your advice and "forget" they may find themselves being sanctioned by the court.

legitimate legal advice???

whoa now, i've read so many threads that people have replied to, including mine and my roomates(the girl who uses this name), and we have both recieved rude, non legal replies...so he is not saying to lie...he was saying be careful what you say...and he is right to an extent, if someone lies, and the other tells the truth, the other atty may use this against that person, b/c honesty is sometimes the best policy B/C it often helps out the person you are AGAINST versus you...and the truth gets more twisted in more ways than a lie can in court...

tigger22472

ILOVEMYGSM3 said:
whoa now, i've read so many threads that people have replied to, including mine and my roomates(the girl who uses this name), and we have both recieved rude, non legal replies...so he is not saying to lie...he was saying be careful what you say...and he is right to an extent, if someone lies, and the other tells the truth, the other atty may use this against that person, b/c honesty is sometimes the best policy B/C it often helps out the person you are AGAINST versus you...and the truth gets more twisted in more ways than a lie can in court...
Can you point me to ONE post of your 74 that YOU have given CORRECT and RELEVANT legal advice? I can point to several in which it seems you believe this is forum based on opinons etc... Yes some threads get off topic, just as I am doing here but I also make sure that I do NOT give inaccurate legal advice and at least do provide some? Your contribution to this forum is what?

AHA

tigger22472 said:
Can you point me to ONE post of your 74 that YOU have given CORRECT and RELEVANT legal advice? I can point to several in which it seems you believe this is forum based on opinons etc... Yes some threads get off topic, just as I am doing here but I also make sure that I do NOT give inaccurate legal advice and at least do provide some? Your contribution to this forum is what?
I'm liking the sharp claws on your paws, tigger. :) :p

tigger22472

AHA said:
I'm liking the sharp claws on your paws, tigger. :) :p
FA is doing their part with the whole IAAL issue to bring a little more respectability to this forum again. As posters we should attempt to do the same. I realize that I am guilty of jumping someone's a$$ or as I'm continuing to get this one off topic but I could bite my tongue no longer. If there is one thing I cannot stand is someone who NEVER contributes in a legal sense to this forum. Do we spout our opinions? Are we brash and rude at times? Sure, but I TRY (am not always successful) to attempt to give the legal answers, it's not until the posters come in and get ticked and defense that tend to do the same. And posters such as ILOVEMYGSM3 does nothing but fuel the fire with their inaccurate information and sympathy that has no legal backing to some of these posters.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ILOVEMYGSM3 said:
And withholding information in court or in court documents when asked is looked at the same as lying. You can't debate the definition of the word "is" with the court for crying out loud. Not to mention HIS post had NOTHING to do with the OPs question. Nor does yours. Honesty is the only way to go. If you try to fib or not tell the truth (after all the oath you take on the stand is "to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"), your credibility is easily torn apart. And that could cause you to lose. however go back to your useless postings which have NO legal advice in them. OP has gotten his answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">