• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gorilla glue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dltberry

My dog ate gorilla glue which expands and hardens in the stomach. They say the glue tastes like peanuts and maple syrup. The manufacturer has a disclaimer to keep it away from pets on the container. It is a `pet attractant` and the company could make it taste bad. Internet search turned up dozens of cases. The dog had to have surgery to have the glue ball removed. $680. I think I should be reimbursed. The dog went to great extremes to get to the glue bottle. How do you file a claim with a company? I am in Texas.

tigger22472

dltberry said:
My dog ate gorilla glue which expands and hardens in the stomach. They say the glue tastes like peanuts and maple syrup. The manufacturer has a disclaimer to keep it away from pets on the container. It is a `pet attractant` and the company could make it taste bad. Internet search turned up dozens of cases. The dog had to have surgery to have the glue ball removed. $680. I think I should be reimbursed. The dog went to great extremes to get to the glue bottle. How do you file a claim with a company? I am in Texas.

They have already put a disclaimer on the label warning to keep away from pets. Not all disclaimers relieve liability, however, this one likely does.

You are more than welcome to consult an attorney for a consultation, but I really do not see a case here.

BelizeBreeze

dltberry said:
How stupid is the dog or it's owner to keep such a toxic material where the mutt can reach it?

Ever hear of proximate liability?

dltberry

BelizeBreeze said:
How stupid is the dog or it's owner to keep such a toxic material where the mutt can reach it?

Ever hear of proximate liability?
Hey *******, did you read the post? The glue tastes like peanuts and maple syrup to dogs. It is not toxic. It swells and hardens into styrofoam in the stomach. It was kept away from the dog. The label does not state that it contains a dog attractant. The manfacturer is aware that dogs are attracted to their product, yet they do not change it to make ot taste bad to them. Ask some questions before you shoot off your mouth. Jerk.

BelizeBreeze

dltberry said:
Hey *******, did you read the post? The glue tastes like peanuts and maple syrup to dogs. It is not toxic. It swells and hardens into styrofoam in the stomach. It was kept away from the dog. The label does not state that it contains a dog attractant. The manfacturer is aware that dogs are attracted to their product, yet they do not change it to make ot taste bad to them. Ask some questions before you shoot off your mouth. Jerk.
O.K. Idiot, where was the glue when the dog failed to read the posted warning and gulped it down?

Who was last using the glue when it was placed in a location easily accessible to the idiot dog?

Did you research proximate Liability? :D

dltberry

BelizeBreeze said:
O.K. Idiot, where was the glue when the dog failed to read the posted warning and gulped it down?

Who was last using the glue when it was placed in a location easily accessible to the idiot dog?

Did you research proximate Liability? :D
What a punk. Why do you little trolls post here? Can't you find someone in your own house to be nasty to? You made no attemt to be informative. Go play some video games where you belong and let people who want to help post here kiddie.

HappyHusband

dltberry did not receive the advice he was seeking, so I will give it to him.
Yes, you can file a claim against the company.
You should seek $2.2 million in damages and require that the Gorilla Glue Company offer their products in bubblegum, strawberry, and Go-Rilla Grape flavors.

dltberry

HappyHusband said:
dltberry did not receive the advice he was seeking, so I will give it to him.
Yes, you can file a claim against the company.
You should seek $2.2 million in damages and require that the Gorilla Glue Company offer their products in bubblegum, strawberry, and Go-Rilla Grape flavors.
I thought this was a place for advise. I didn't realize this board was a just a place for smart-assed punks to hang out. What a waste. Back to your skateoard boys. I am done here.

HappyHusband

dltberry said:
I thought this was a place for advise. I didn't realize this board was a just a place for smart-assed punks to hang out. What a waste. Back to your skateoard boys. I am done here.
OK, Bye.

BTW, since you are still here, you have no viable case, as you have already been told, free of charge.
You can sue all you want, but you're wasting your money.

Dogs like to drink anti-freeze also, because it tastes sweet, but you don't see them changing the formula so dogs won't prefer it over ditch water.

nextwife

dltberry said:
And dogs also eat antifreeze. So guess what any RESPONSIBLE dog owner should do? Keep toxins in a totally inaccesaable ROOM or place from the dog! A HIGH cabinet (no dog is going to climb up on the counter and open a top cabinet no matter what it smells like!) for example. Or keep the dog in the house and the toxins out in the garage or in latched shed. How hard is THAT?

WE have Gorilla Glue in the household and the dog has never been allowed access to it or other chemicals like cleaning materials. He's in the house, or out in the fenced yard (while we are home and supervising him), while the dangerous stuff is in the garage and a closet in the basement that he can't access (and on shelves he couldn't access even if he did somehow get in that closet).

Moron.

BelizeBreeze

nextwife said:
And dogs also eat antifreeze. So guess what any RESPONSIBLE dog owner should do? Keep toxins in a totally inaccesaable ROOM or place from the dog! A HIGH cabinet (no dog is going to climb up on the counter and open a top cabinet no matter what it smells like!) for example. Or keep the dog in the house and the toxins out in the garage or in latched shed. How hard is THAT?

WE have Gorilla Glue in the household and the dog has never been allowed access to it or other chemicals like cleaning materials. He's in the house, or out in the fenced yard (while we are home and supervising him), while the dangerous stuff is in the garage and a closet in the basement that he can't access (and on shelves he couldn't access even if he did somehow get in that closet).

Moron.
Filty mouth :D

S

shell007

Betty said:
dltberry said:
It was kept away from the dog.

Apparently it wasn't! :eek:)

I have this image in my head of seeing this dog on "Stupid Pet Tricks" on the network "animal planet".

Ya know...maybe finding the key to the lock box, opening it, eating the glue, digging a hole in the back yard to hide the evidence, closing the box, and then returning the key to it's original hidden location. :D :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">