• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-ended a kid driving a car know to stall at light without permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

payne

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I was at a stoplight and the car in front of me started at the greenlight but stalled out. Of course I rear-ended him. He told me that the car has problems sticking and stalls and it was his Dad's car and he wasn't suppose to be driving it. This was concurred by his mother who called from out of town. Can I sue for damages to my car since he was driving in essence a stolen car and knew it had stalling problems? Also my neck is killing me from the accident. he didn't want me to call the police since he didn't have an insurance card. When his mother called later she told me that the car has liability.

divgradcurl

payne said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
I was at a stoplight and the car in front of me started at the greenlight but stalled out. Of course I rear-ended him. He told me that the car has problems sticking and stalls and it was his Dad's car and he wasn't suppose to be driving it. This was concurred by his mother who called from out of town. Can I sue for damages to my car since he was driving in essence a stolen car and knew it had stalling problems? Also my neck is killing me from the accident. he didn't want me to call the police since he didn't have an insurance card. When his mother called later she told me that the car has liability.
You are kidding, right? Would you be trying to sue if he had slammed on his brakes to avoid, say, a red-light runner? You were following too closely, it's your fault. Period. Everything else is completely irrelevant. If your neck hurts, go see a doctor and have the bills sent to your insurance company.

They might sue you, though, for any injuries he might have suffered and for damage to his car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">