• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Layer Intimidation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apere

What is the name of your state? Florida
A friend of mine hired a lawyer to apply pressure on me for failing to resolve her re-roof problem on her house. I'm a General Contractor but got involved as a friend and not as a Contractor to help get a roofer for my friends house. The roofers have been taking for ever to complete the work. I hired them as a subcontractor but I used a Proposal with my friend and never changed over to a Contract For Work to begin the work. She did pay me with a personal check written out to my company and in turn I paid the Sub. This was done as a favor to her to have more command over the Sub specially because my friend is a women. She got upset after 3 months and hired a lawyer. Finally after 3 months the roofers showed up on the roof and she threw them off the roof at her lawyers request while he reviewed the case. Her lawyer is harassing me by phone and in writing stating I am the responsible one calling me names and insulting me using slander. Is this proper and what are my liabilities if any. Thank you in advance...

Adolfo PerezWhat is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

apere said:
A friend of mine hired a lawyer to apply pressure on me for failing to resolve her re-roof problem on her house. I'm a General Contractor but got involved as a friend and not as a Contractor to help get a roofer for my friends house. The roofers have been taking for ever to complete the work. I hired them as a subcontractor but I used a Proposal with my friend and never changed over to a Contract For Work to begin the work. She did pay me with a personal check written out to my company and in turn I paid the Sub. This was done as a favor to her to have more command over the Sub specially because my friend is a women. She got upset after 3 months and hired a lawyer. Finally after 3 months the roofers showed up on the roof and she threw them off the roof at her lawyers request while he reviewed the case. Her lawyer is harassing me by phone and in writing stating I am the responsible one calling me names and insulting me using slander. Is this proper and what are my liabilities if any. Thank you in advance...

Adolfo PerezWhat is the name of your state?
You are not a FRIEND. You are a contractor and yes, it's quite appropriate. Tell the subs to move their ass or you'll replace them.

Better you find others than yourself in court.

apere

apere said:

Adolfo PerezWhat is the name of your state? FLORIDA

apere

BelizeBreeze said:
You are not a FRIEND. You are a contractor and yes, it's quite appropriate. Tell the subs to move their ass or you'll replace them.

Better you find others than yourself in court.
Thank you. I have been trying to do just that, its just that here in South Florida we have a serious problem getting roofers. 90 percent of the homes are on Blue Tarps. But thank you for responding. Guess I bit the bullet on this one if these being the only ones offering to do the work take their time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">