• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Basic Question in Ca.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mukiman

What is the name of your state? California
Finally got my friend to file divorce papers after his wife left him a year ago !!!! He is in the process of trying to find a good an attorney to fight over all the support and property issues etc. He told me yesterday he wants to buy a Harley (motorcycle). When I went through my divorceI seem to recall something about not making any large purchases or selling anything until the process was final.Is there such a rule or stipulation to this eefect in California during a divorce? I hate to see him shoot himself in the foot.
Thanks... Debbie

rmet4nzkx

The divorce petition contains mutual restraining orders re encumbering their community property, so no he cannot buy a Harley withut his wife's permission. Now he may have some argument as to the date of separation, but that is an issue to take up with his attorney once he retains one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">