• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Learner's permit and no driver in car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlj25

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I recently received a citation for “operating a motor vehicle without a valid license” which is associated with a fine of $200. I do have a learner's permit, but no licensed driver was with me in the vehicle when I received the ticket. I've been told that I can request a hearing and plead for a lesser charge. I have no idea what that lesser charge would be. I tried to look it up, but couldn’t find anything that sounded relevant. My concern is that there might be some sort of repercussions regarding my obtaining a license if I go for the lesser charge, whatever it may be. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">