• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New aaaannnd.... somewhat ready

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MAK

From Florida,

Hello....how are you?

I have some questions and I might ask a few of them now.
I dunno...I'm pretty relaxed right now. Maybe I better not get too excited!:D

Last edited:

MAK

Forgive me. This forum is quite different than I expected. It will take a few more tries I suppose. Are you always so negative?

Rushia

MAK said:
Forgive me. This forum is quite different than I expected. It will take a few more tries I suppose. Are you always so negative?
Please ask your questions and quit playing silly games.. This is not a chat site, it's a legal one.

Silverplum

It'll take a few more tries to what? Type? You've shown you can register, you can log in, you can start a message. Now what?

Quit wasting our time. Either type it out or delete this stupid thread. :rolleyes:

tylersmom

MAK said:
What's so different? Ask a question. If you can type nonsense, you can type a question.

MAK

Geeez, I'm not playing silly games. I needed a few posts to get the feel of the site.
Man...talk about sensitive people.
I will apolgize again.

Now...

My fiance got divorced about 5 years ago. The divorce decree states that she is entitled to half of the stock she and her ex had. The stock has not yet had an IPO. She hasn't viewed the stock herself. She has trusted her ex. She is waiting for the stock to go public. My question...Is the divorce decree enough to ensure she gets her share when she chooses the time to do so?
This is not a self serving question. I am finacially secure myself. I just don't want her to get ripped off. What do you think?

MAK

fairisfair

MAK said:
no, as you can see, sometimes, I leave it to the others!! :rolleyes: :D

MAK

fairisfair said:
no, as you can see, sometimes, I leave it to the others!! :rolleyes: :D
Thanks...

I can take the initiation:eek:

I gotta' go...lots' to do.
I appreciate any advice and probably will check back friday.
I'm too damn busy tomorrow.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think you should have your fiance create an account and start asking her own questions. You don't seem to play well with others.

Silverplum

MAK said:
Geeez, I'm not playing silly games. I needed a few posts to get the feel of the site.
{snip}
What do you think?
I think you're very strange.
The site probably feeeeels like your mouse!
Or, if you're weirder than I think, it feeeeeels like your monitor as your press yourself against it.
Or, if you're using a laptop, it feeeeeels like your mousepad and a box sitting on your lap.
Or, if it's warm in the room where you are, it feeeeeeels warm. Likewise, if it's cold where you are, it feeeeeels cold!
:rolleyes:

Rushia

Silverplum said:
I think you're very strange.
The site probably feeeeels like your mouse!
Or, if you're weirder than I think, it feeeeeels like your monitor as your press yourself against it.
Or, if you're using a laptop, it feeeeeels like your mousepad and a box sitting on your lap.
Or, if it's warm in the room where you are, it feeeeeeels warm. Likewise, if it's cold where you are, it feeeeeels cold!
:rolleyes:
"Feelings... Whooooa Feelings." I'll let Eme look up the real words for that song. I don't feel like it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
MAK said:
Man...talk about sensitive people.
I will apolgize again.

Now...

My fiance got divorced about 5 years ago. The divorce decree states that she is entitled to half of the stock she and her ex had. The stock has not yet had an IPO. She hasn't viewed the stock herself. She has trusted her ex. She is waiting for the stock to go public. My question...Is the divorce decree enough to ensure she gets her share when she chooses the time to do so?
This is not a self serving question. I am finacially secure myself. I just don't want her to get ripped off. What do you think?

MAK

here is the thing: Your fiance is entitled to half of the stock she and her ex had at the time of the divorce -- not any stock that has yet to produce or the value when it goes public.

LdiJ

Ohiogal said:
here is the thing: Your fiance is entitled to half of the stock she and her ex had at the time of the divorce -- not any stock that has yet to produce or the value when it goes public.
I have to disagree with that Ohiogal.

It depends on how the order was worded.

It could have been worded that she was entitled to half of the value of the stock at the time of the divorce.

Or it could have been worded that she was entitled to half of the stock itself. Which would mean that the stock is her property, not a dollar value.

Or it could have actually been worded that she was entitled to half of the value of the stock once it goes public.

Or it could be worded in an entirely different manner.

However, if it was worded that she was entitled to half of the stock itself, then its ownership should have been transferred to her. It should not have been left in her ex-husband's name. She needs to see an attorney about getting that done ASAP.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
LdiJ said:
I have to disagree with that Ohiogal.

It depends on how the order was worded.

It could have been worded that she was entitled to half of the value of the stock at the time of the divorce.

Or it could have been worded that she was entitled to half of the stock itself. Which would mean that the stock is her property, not a dollar value.

Or it could have actually been worded that she was entitled to half of the value of the stock once it goes public.

Or it could be worded in an entirely different manner.

However, if it was worded that she was entitled to half of the stock itself, then its ownership should have been transferred to her. It should not have been left in her ex-husband's name. She needs to see an attorney about getting that done ASAP.
Actually I agree with you and it was what I meant though not what I said. If she is holding on to it in hopes of profiting she may find herself losing out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">