• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation 6/7yrs ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LouLou

Legal Separation 6/7yrs ago - wanting a divorce ASAP

What is the name of your state? Nevada
My boyfriend is seeking a divorce from his wife. They were legally separated 6/7 yrs ago and the marriage only lasted 2/3 years.
Looking back on the history he feels that she asked him to marry her (after 3 months) for immigration reasons. 6 months into the marriage they fell pregnant and now have an 8 year old son together.
Obviously we are talking about marriage and want to get this history cleaned up as soon as possible.
Since the separation (she left him) she has been engaged once or twice and had a child with another man.
Please advise me on the difficulty and steps we should take to get this divorce taken care of quickly.
Will he also have financial obligations to her (besides child support) since they have been separated for so long? She currently resides in FL.
Please help as this is leaving me anxious.
Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">