• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Want To Fight For My Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobhan91

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I am in the Military and stationed in DC. My husband retired from the military in 2002 and decided to stay in Kentucky while I finished my military career. I went home to surprise him for the 4th of July and found him with another woman (actually a 28-year old girl) in our home in the bed he built for me. Without going into all the details of his problems, I know he is going thru a mid-life crisis and I'm not willing to throw away our whole life away even if he thinks he does. I plan to fight for my marriage, I'm not going to just roll over, I'm going to hold out for as long as I can but if it comes to divorce, I was wondering if there is a way I can sue the other woman for stealing my husband's affections. She shouldn't be allowed to sit in the background while my whole family suffers. If she wants my husband, she needs to fight for him as well. I'm not really looking for monetary compensation, I just think it's time for her to come out from hiding.

ceara19

bobhan91 said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I am in the Military and stationed in DC. My husband retired from the military in 2002 and decided to stay in Kentucky while I finished my military career. I went home to surprise him for the 4th of July and found him with another woman (actually a 28-year old girl) in our home in the bed he built for me. Without going into all the details of his problems, I know he is going thru a mid-life crisis and I'm not willing to throw away our whole life away even if he thinks he does. I plan to fight for my marriage, I'm not going to just roll over, I'm going to hold out for as long as I can but if it comes to divorce, I was wondering if there is a way I can sue the other woman for stealing my husband's affections. She shouldn't be allowed to sit in the background while my whole family suffers. If she wants my husband, she needs to fight for him as well. I'm not really looking for monetary compensation, I just think it's time for her to come out from hiding.
By placing the blame on the "other woman" you are only encouraging your husband to continue to act like a horny tomcat when you're not around. Unless this woman is a close friend or relative, SHE is not the one that betrayed you in any way. Contrary to what you want to believe, the "mid-life crisis" excuse is most likely nothing more then that, an excuse. Odds are that this is just the first time he's gotten CAUGHT with his pants down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">