• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Aggreement and breached contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacon

What is the name of your state? Arizona.

I recently remodeled a home for owner. He and I did all our aggreements verbally without any written contracts. 6 months later he asked me to give him a price on a addition to the same home. Which he has on the market. The owner aggreed on my price and told me to go forward with the work. he agreed to pay me half the money up front. and i told him I would start the next day. I set up materials for job, sub-contractor for partial work, and started demolition. When I asked him for the down payment, he told me he would be back in one hour with the moneys. he never showed, and wouldnt return my calls. I stopped work. Apparently he got an offer on the house and figured he didnt need to do the addition to get it sold. I am unlicensed, but do quality work. he wasted my time, broke our verbal aggreement and wouldnt settle or even return phone calls.

Do I have recourse in small claims court

pojo2

Check the Arizona codes but you may be up a creek without a paddle so to speak. No license, no contracts, and I'm betting that home owner is gonna' find themselves in a bunch of paperwork if you also failed to get permits for the remodels, since they are trying to sell the property!

You MAY be able to get monies for the work performed but some places penalize you for doing work without proper permits and licenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">