• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for Annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltwirth

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My wife and I were married last October and prior to our marriage and through the present time, we have lived seperately and in seperate states in fact (she lives in Wisconsin). It was an understanding that as a condition of getting married, one of us was going to have to give up their current lives and move in with the other. This has been the roots of our marital problems as neither of us is willing to give up their current career and current lives to live with the other. Since we have never lived with each other as we original agreed upon prior to the marriage, is this grounds for an annulment?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

ltwirth said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
My wife and I were married last October and prior to our marriage and through the present time, we have lived seperately and in seperate states in fact (she lives in Wisconsin). It was an understanding that as a condition of getting married, one of us was going to have to give up their current lives and move in with the other. This has been the roots of our marital problems as neither of us is willing to give up their current career and current lives to live with the other. Since we have never lived with each other as we original agreed upon prior to the marriage, is this grounds for an annulment?
Nope. Next time get off the internet and check out local girls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">