• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contracter-sub Standard Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

comathon

What is the name of your state?New York State-I had a contracter that did sub- standard work on my home. He refused to come back & correct the problem. We had no alternative then to sue. When we commenced the law suit we were given an estimate by another contracter, & we sued for that amount. At a later time, it came to our attention that the damage was 4 times greater then we sued for. I was told you can't personally sue a person if he belongs to a corporation. We had the deposition last year. Recently the insurance company offered us a very low settlement, which I don't intend to take. My question- Is there any way , we can turn this case around, & sue for more money to cover the damages. We are senior citizens & can not offer to suffer this loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pojo2

Hire an Atty and go over your entire case with him/her. You may be shooting yourself in the foot by looking at a settlement and determining on your own if it is fair and all you will get or if indeed it is something you can fight and get more money from.

comathon

contracter - sub standard work

I forgot to mention in my thread, that we have an Attorney working on the case. We are not satsified in the way he has handled the case. I'm not sure he is being truthful with us. This is one reason why we turned to this site for information. At the present time his fees have amounted to as much as we are suing for. Hope some one can help. Thank you for answering my thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">