• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal separation and dating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2confused2know

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband and I are leaning towards a dissolution, however, we don't want to jump ship too soon and make another mistake or worse yet make the wrong decision!! Therefore, we have talked briefly about legal separation. This has been a fairly recent desicion that has caused a lot of confusion and chaos. My husband and I are willing to compromise and agree on everything from the children to the mortgage. We both want our decisions and timing to work for the best outcome possible. ( for ours and the children's well being, financially and emotionally) The "dating" question arised during the discussion of separation. Neither one of us truly wants to be involved in another relationship, but we are young, and you never know what will happen! (mid-twenties) My husband has a very active sex drive, in which I will not provide for because of incompatablity reasons. Therefore, we were wanting to know if dating other people would be considered infidelity if legally separated. Are there laws that could come back and bite either one of us on the you know what??? We just don't want to make another mistake. We truly do care about each other and each others well being. We just want everyone in the family to be happy and live their lives to the fullest. We made the mistake of getting married for the wrong reasons and not realizing that we have nothing in common. ( at least until it was too late!) Any advise given will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

ceara19

2confused2know said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband and I are leaning towards a dissolution, however, we don't want to jump ship too soon and make another mistake or worse yet make the wrong decision!! Therefore, we have talked briefly about legal separation. This has been a fairly recent desicion that has caused a lot of confusion and chaos. My husband and I are willing to compromise and agree on everything from the children to the mortgage. We both want our decisions and timing to work for the best outcome possible. ( for ours and the children's well being, financially and emotionally) The "dating" question arised during the discussion of separation. Neither one of us truly wants to be involved in another relationship, but we are young, and you never know what will happen! (mid-twenties) My husband has a very active sex drive, in which I will not provide for because of incompatablity reasons. Therefore, we were wanting to know if dating other people would be considered infidelity if legally separated. Are there laws that could come back and bite either one of us on the you know what??? We just don't want to make another mistake. We truly do care about each other and each others well being. We just want everyone in the family to be happy and live their lives to the fullest. We made the mistake of getting married for the wrong reasons and not realizing that we have nothing in common. ( at least until it was too late!) Any advise given will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
It would only be a problem if one of you MADE it a problem. If you are both in agreement, you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't have an adverse effect on the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">