• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

donewith it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donewithit

What is the name of your state? Colorado

We have been married for 7 yrs. in the last year I have caught my husband doing the cybersex thing numerous time, and other things (everthing excpt in bed with someone else). He is such a control freak and can not handle me being a independant woman. He is disabled and trying to redo our house (for the past 4 yrs) and dont you know it's all my fault it isn't done yet. Our house has been in shambles for a couple of yrs seeing I quit trying to keep it clean cuz of him. I feel I have done everything possiable to try and make it work. it is both of ours 2nd marriage.
My question is ,,,,, his mom died and left him numerous houses which he has since sold, plus the one were in, which he has taken out a morgage under his name only, and a portion of farm land in kansas. which we just received that last money owed to us on that. I have worked most of the time weve been together, him only a year. I explained to him that when we met i had a mobile home, car, and all living needed things, which we slowly sold due to we just didnt need them now , living in his house. I told him I dont deserve to start over and that he needs to buy me a trailer and give me all I had when we met. Now, he has hatred feelings, all the money, i cant even get a place due to my work history is poor right now. most places want you at a job for at least 6 months.
All i want is my own place and all the things i need to live, more or less just get me started out in the world again.I'll go from there.
Is there a law that says he doesnt just have to make me move out into the streets. doesnt he have to take care of me someways? there are no children involved. just lots of personal stuff that he gave me but now says he dint.
thank you for anyone who replys.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
he can't just make you move out since you are married and living in the marital home. That takes a court order. A court order would also tell you what you are entitled to.

Silverplum

donewithit said:
We have been married for 7 yrs. in the last year I have caught my husband doing the cybersex thing numerous time, and other things (everthing excpt in bed with someone else).
Not illegal in CO.

donewithit said:
He is such a control freak and can not handle me being a independant woman. He is disabled and trying to redo our house (for the past 4 yrs) and dont you know it's all my fault it isn't done yet. Our house has been in shambles for a couple of yrs seeing I quit trying to keep it clean cuz of him. I feel I have done everything possiable to try and make it work. it is both of ours 2nd marriage.
Not illegal in CO.

donewithit said:
My question is ,,,,, his mom died and left him numerous houses which he has since sold, plus the one were in, which he has taken out a morgage under his name only, and a portion of farm land in kansas. which we just received that last money owed to us on that. I have worked most of the time weve been together, him only a year. I explained to him that when we met i had a mobile home, car, and all living needed things, which we slowly sold due to we just didnt need them now , living in his house.
Funny, when it was YOUR stuff, you think it's YOUR stuff. But when HE inherits, it's OUR stuff.

donewithit said:
I told him I dont deserve to start over and that he needs to buy me a trailer and give me all I had when we met. Now, he has hatred feelings, all the money, i cant even get a place due to my work history is poor right now. most places want you at a job for at least 6 months.
Hmmmm. Wonder if you can read this again and see how you look.

donewithit said:
All i want is my own place and all the things i need to live, more or less just get me started out in the world again.I'll go from there.
Is there a law that says he doesnt just have to make me move out into the streets. doesnt he have to take care of me someways? there are no children involved. just lots of personal stuff that he gave me but now says he dint. thank you for anyone who replys.
You two can divide the marital debt and the marital assets. You'll probably need an attorney.

Bali Hai

Silverplum said:
Not illegal in CO.

Not illegal in CO.

Funny, when it was YOUR stuff, you think it's YOUR stuff. But when HE inherits, it's OUR stuff.

Hmmmm. Wonder if you can read this again and see how you look.

You two can divide the marital debt and the marital assets. You'll probably need an attorney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donewithit
My question is ,,,,, his mom died and left him numerous houses which he has since sold, plus the one were in, which he has taken out a morgage under his name only, and a portion of farm land in kansas. which we just received that last money owed to us on that. I have worked most of the time weve been together, him only a year. I explained to him that when we met i had a mobile home, car, and all living needed things, which we slowly sold due to we just didnt need them now , living in his house.

More "expected" considering the source than funny. Good catch.:)

ceara19

donewithit said:

We have been married for 7 yrs. in the last year I have caught my husband doing the cybersex thing numerous time, and other things (everthing excpt in bed with someone else). He is such a control freak and can not handle me being a independant woman. He is disabled and trying to redo our house (for the past 4 yrs) and dont you know it's all my fault it isn't done yet. Our house has been in shambles for a couple of yrs seeing I quit trying to keep it clean cuz of him. I feel I have done everything possiable to try and make it work. it is both of ours 2nd marriage.
My question is ,,,,, his mom died and left him numerous houses which he has since sold, plus the one were in, which he has taken out a morgage under his name only, and a portion of farm land in kansas. which we just received that last money owed to us on that. I have worked most of the time weve been together, him only a year. I explained to him that when we met i had a mobile home, car, and all living needed things, which we slowly sold due to we just didnt need them now , living in his house. I told him I dont deserve to start over and that he needs to buy me a trailer and give me all I had when we met. Now, he has hatred feelings, all the money, i cant even get a place due to my work history is poor right now. most places want you at a job for at least 6 months.
Is there a law that says he doesnt just have to make me move out into the streets. doesnt he have to take care of me someways? there are no children involved. just lots of personal stuff that he gave me but now says he dint.
thank you for anyone who replys.
So he's disabled and you have a problem holding down a job. It sounds like he is handling your independence just fine. After all, he seems to have found an outlet for his physical needs without your help.

While he can't just toss you out in the street without a court order, don't count on the court to hold him responsible for providing for you. You should be more worried about the court ordering you to provide for HIM. He's disabled, so he at least has some excuse for not working. What's yours?

Have you even TRIED to find new living arrangements? I don't think trailer parks are going to be overly concerned with your work history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">