• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a used motorcycle from a dealer.What are my obligations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joanns03

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I purchased a used motrocycle from a dealer recently. I have only owned it for about 3 weeks and it has been in the shop for repair for the past week. I did get financing for the bike but would like to know if I am stuck with it or if I can just tell them to keep the bike and find something else and not be obligated to it. I haven't even made the first payment and am very unhappy with the dealership that I got it from. Seems that I am getting nothing but a run around.I would rather be out the money that I put down which I know was their commision than to deal with the bike that I bought to ride and it be in the shop all the time.
Thanks for your advice
Jo Ann

S

shell007

joanns03 said:
I purchased a used motrocycle from a dealer recently. I have only owned it for about 3 weeks and it has been in the shop for repair for the past week. I did get financing for the bike but would like to know if I am stuck with it or if I can just tell them to keep the bike and find something else and not be obligated to it. I haven't even made the first payment and am very unhappy with the dealership that I got it from. Seems that I am getting nothing but a run around.I would rather be out the money that I put down which I know was their commision than to deal with the bike that I bought to ride and it be in the shop all the time.
Thanks for your advice
Jo Ann
Did it come with a warranty?

S

shell007

joanns03 said:
I purchased an extended warrenty on the bike
What did the dealership tell you when you asked if you could give the bike back???

JMO, but YOU NOW OWN A BIKE. Let them fix it since it is under warranty, and then sell it if you wish.

If you don't want to sell it...take it to another dealership the next time something needs fixed.

You can't just leave the bike there, cross your arms, stomp your feet, and say "I DON'T WANT IT AND I'M NOT PAYING FOR IT!!!"

divgradcurl

joanns03 said:
Thanks for your advice
Jo Ann
You bought the bike, it's yours. Hopefully you can get it fixed under warranty, then you can either ride it or resell it to someone else.

Of course, you can always ask the dealer to take it back, but they are not obligated to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">