• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Violation in MD for NJ Driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssk

:confused: I am an New Jersey (NJ) driver. I got a moving violation in Maryland (MD). I got one point for it.

Can you advice on the following:
1) Will that point be transferred to NJ DMV?
2) Will it impact my insurance in NJ?

Thanks.What is the name of your state?

ssk

Now that I am in this soup...

:eek:
1) Now that you are saying it will reflect on both DMV and insurance, what are your suggestions on how I can reduce its negative impact on both DMV and Insurance?

2) Also, how long does it stay on...
a) DMV records
b) Insurance records?

Thanks.

cepe10

When I went to MD district court everyone who pleaded guilty got probation before judgement. it is worth your while to show up. if the cop doesn't show ask for dismissal and object to continuance (the state set up the time didn't they).

If he does show up and everyone is getting PBJ then in my opinion that is a good option, as long as you don't plan on getting any more infractions.

be very careful in the communist enclave of md it IS A RACKET.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">