• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex - employer harrassement and defamation California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jordangolf

California

Background: Worked for Company X for 7 years. Each year I've earned high performance grades. No issues with HR or managment during my tenure.
Recently moved to Company Y which is a direct competitor.

Now, my former employer is sending me letters and insuating that I've shared or planning to share sensitive information to Company Y, which I have and will not.

Question: How do I put a stop to the letters and communications? Do I have to respond to their letters?

Second Question: Is this grounds for a defamation suit?

I've also heard from my former colleagues that their managers are communicating to them that I'm being sued (I have yet to be served with any legal papers) and that I had a conversation during an exit interview with Company X's attorney that never happened.

It's my opinion that they are trying to intimidate the others so that no one else leaves the company. i.e. You better not leave the company because if you do, "this" could happen to you.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">