• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reduced business due to prolonged road construction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boboh

What is the name of your state? Texas

I own a small fastfood restaurant near Dallas, TX. Almost a year ago, the city started doing a major construction of the roads surrounding my restaurant. Since that time, the business has decreased to less than half of what it used to be before the constructions began. Is there any sort of compensation or reimbursement that I can receive from the city for this unusually long construction for what appears to a relatively simple job? The fastfood resturant I own is in a standalone building, and there are no other businesses at this intersection where the construction is taking place. Thanks in advance for all the help.

nextwife

boboh said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I own a small fastfood restaurant near Dallas, TX. Almost a year ago, the city started doing a major construction of the roads surrounding my restaurant. Since that time, the business has decreased to less than half of what it used to be before the constructions began. Is there any sort of compensation or reimbursement that I can receive from the city for this unusually long construction for what appears to a relatively simple job? The fastfood resturant I own is in a standalone building, and there are no other businesses at this intersection where the construction is taking place. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Have you talked to the city development department/your local representative about any incentives to keep you there, or compensations?

boboh

nextwife said:
Have you talked to the city development department/your local representative about any incentives to keep you there, or compensations?
No, but what I've heard is that if the construction is by the city, then they are not responsible for any compensations.

nextwife

THey ARE not responsible, but I have seen municipalities offer incentives to existing businesses to prevent valued businesses from leaving. I've also seen them help relocate businesses.

boboh

nextwife said:
THey ARE not responsible, but I have seen municipalities offer incentives to existing businesses to prevent valued businesses from leaving. I've also seen them help relocate businesses.
thanks for the info...I'll contact them to see what they have to offer...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">