• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer/wife issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paige10020

What is the name of your state? va My employer has informed me he recently told his wife he thought he had mid-life crisis several years ago and had emotional feeling for me. Wife went to conselour and now blames me and wants me removed after over20 yrs. employer told me his wife hated me, for me to watch my back that she was out to destroy me. I had to inform my husband because she implied she was going to, he is extemely disturbed,and then our son died last week. they came to funeral and wife was beyound rude to my family and friends. No one has contacted me regarding my loss or when I am returning. It has now become a hostile enviroment since she has "gone" to office to help catch upwhile I am gone. I was not aware until after the fact that he felt this way about me. I do not feel confromtable about the his expression to his wife nor her reaction.I was told by employer the only way I would ever be fired was if I hurt his feelings?? I have not gone back since son was buried sat july 22. I am afraid to be there and the emotional trauma is more then I can handle. What do I do? and is this
grounds for legal settlement after all these years of employment? I have never been written up and have now been brought into their intra-marital personal problems. Harassment? help pleaseWhat is the name of your state? VA

Last edited:

mitousmom

How many employees does your employer have? Is the wife an employee? Will she be working with you when you return to work?

If I understand your post, the wife is at work filling in for you during your absence. Given that, it's not clear to me how you can be suffering a hostile work environment as a result of her presence, since you haven't been working with her. While you believe that she may hate you and is out to get you, you haven't indicated that she's done anthing except being rude at your son's funeral. While her behavior was inexcusable, it wasn't related to your working enviornment.

If you were completely unaware of your employer's feelings for you, you weren't sexually harassed. The anti-discrimination laws prohibit unwelcome, sexually offensive conduct, not unexpressed feelings or desire.

It is customary for the employee to inform her employer that she needs to be away from work and when she expects to return. If you haven't done so, you need to do so. If not, you could be cited for abandonment of your job.

I'm sorry for your loss and it's unfortunate that you are caught up in the emotional troubles of your employer and his wife. I will keep you in my prayers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">