• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uninsured accident medical expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonic

What is the name of your state? Washington

I had an auto accident in December of 2004, I did not have insurance. The passenger in my car's auto insurance company is trying to get me to pay his medical expenses. He all of a sudden in April of this year had a $4000 medical bill that his insurance company is saying that I am responsible for. I have seen him a few times since this accident and he looked in perfect health. I dont think he was even injured enough in the accident to justify one doctor visit. I am willing to negotiate with the insurance company, but I feel as if this is fraud, and they are just trying to get as much money out of me as possible.

sonic

I do not believe these doctor visits are related to the accident though. I have seen him in perfect health since. I dont think one visit to the doctor was even neccessary. The insurance company wont tell me what these visits are for.

moburkes

I've been in 3 not at fault accidents, 2 while I was pregnant, but I look perfectly healthy. However, I certainly don't feel that way. Appearance does not determine "health". Ask your friend why he went to the doctor, or ask the insurance company for copies of the bills totalling $4000.

sonic

He is avoiding me now, I do not know how to contact him anymore. The insurance company says because of privacy laws they cannot tell me what this $4000 bill in April is for.

sonic

Are there lawyers who usually help with advice on this board? Thank You for your input though. Appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">