• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

license revocation and charge for possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anna_Begins

I was recenty pulled over and searched. I am 17 year old girl in Alaska. The cops had no reason to pull us over but smelled marijuana when I rolled down my window. They searched myself and the two other people I had with me in my car. They found nothing on me, but I told them where marijuana was in my car. I did not consent to the search and was not given any sort of drug test to see that I was intoxicated. I heard recently that the Supreme court passed a ruling that the cops cannot revoke your license until you are found guilty. But they revoked my license when I was arrested. Can they do that?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I Offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

"Cops" can pull you over for traffic infractions, if they feel you are driving erratically. BUt they cannot just pull you over for no reason -- a pretense.

If the officer pulled you over legally and smelled marijuana, it gave him sufficient probable cause/reasonable suspicion to search your car.

Your best bet: get a criminal defense attorney for your criminal record's sake and your driver's license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">