• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falsely accused of sex harassment/was being extorted and blackmailed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lissyanne

What is the name of your state? IN
I am asking this for my father who is 62 years old. He is a supervisor of maintenance at an apartment building and is being accused of sexual harassment by a 38 yr old cleaning woman who is subcontracted from an independent business. I think my dad was going thru a middle age crisis and he and the woman were in a consensual flirtation.

She is on her 4th marriage and would tell him pitiful stories about having no money for necessities, so now and then he would give her 20$ here or there. Well, she started asking for more money, I guess, thinking he must have money, (which he does not) one demand was for a car (he drives a 1977 ford truck himself and it's his only car) then it was for $10,000 well he told her he couldn't or wouldn't do that. So guess what? Now she has reported him at his work for sexual harassment. ( He swears up and down he never touched her, it was just consentual flirting.

He won't talk to me much about it, since he is so embarassed so I don't know if there is more to the story he is leaving out. He has always been a real kind-hearted, generous person w/ a great reputation and alot of people besides family that love him and I think that woman was taking advantage of that while feeding his fragile ego.

My father won't fight for himself, he thinks it's no use since he was in a boating accident 14 years ago which was his fault for drinking at the wheel and injured a man and was so drunk and panicked, he left the scene, but turned himself in a couple of days later.
He served no prison time but lost a civil suit which he gladly paid, since he thought the man deserved the money. He has been clean and sober since, but he thinks since that is in his past he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this case at all.

The woman in question also has her own past, she is currently an exotic dancer, has been married four times and just recently regained custody of her daughter after the state took the girl away from her a few years ago. (we don't know why) I'm also sure there is other things we don't know.
My father just thinks he is going to lose everything, his house, his pension etc. I'm trying to get him to fight this, but he says he can't afford an attorney because he has a ton of debt.

I just have a sneaking feeling that this woman has done this before, and a should be investigated also, I told him that what she was doing was blackmail and extortion and he should countersue. But he is now so depressed and hopeless because he thinks the boat accident will just cancel out any credibility he has. Please, Please, someone respond to this post. My dad is suicidal and getting worse by the day and refuses to see a doctor. I would like to give him some hope.:(What is the name of your state?

P.S. he said she decided to drop the suit against his employer and she is just going after him, which makes no sense to me since she would get alot more from his job then him, so that tends to make me think she has no case. But then again, he isn't in his right mind right now.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">