• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At fault claim. Work compensation? Insurance adjustor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkj

What is the name of your state? GA

I have state farm insurance coverage and was involved in at fault wreck this morning. I did not goto the hospital, but am obviously soar and have a few bumps and bruises.

Am I entitled to any lost wages if I do not goto work tomorrow?

Should I request an insurance assesment? My vehicle was towed to a place that does automatic repairs. Should I just get it repaired?

They only offer 16 dollars a day for a rental car. If I don't get a rental car they just give you 10 a day. The thing is that it costs more than 16 a day to get a rental car.

efflandt

If you were at fault, I doubt if you can collect anything from your insurance company for lost wages (certainly not if no injuries). What does your policy say about that?

As far as car rental, some insurance companies may get a special deal from some car rental companies. 20 years ago when I had no rental coverage, I had to pay $32/day (one day free per week), but an invoice in the glove box for an insurance company showed that they only paid $10/day for the same car. But maybe that is only if the other insurance company pays it when you are NOT at fault. Otherwise it is whatever rental coverage you signed up for (something is better than nothing).

weenor

jkj said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I have state farm insurance coverage and was involved in at fault wreck this morning. I did not goto the hospital, but am obviously soar and have a few bumps and bruises.

Am I entitled to any lost wages if I do not goto work tomorrow?

Should I request an insurance assesment? My vehicle was towed to a place that does automatic repairs. Should I just get it repaired?

They only offer 16 dollars a day for a rental car. If I don't get a rental car they just give you 10 a day. The thing is that it costs more than 16 a day to get a rental car.

What are you asking? Did the accident arise out and in the course of your employment or were you on the way to work? Are you asking if you are entitled to workers' compensation or what?

jkj

No I was leaving work. I just didn't know if my insurance might would pay for lost wages anyway. Anybody have much experience with body shop vs adjuster estimates? Any general information on this?

moburkes

What general information do you need to know? There is no worker's compensation, since you were not injured during the course of your work. Since you were at fault, you will not be compensated for lost work time. Who are you going to sue? Yourself?:p You should get a few estimates on your vehicle. The adjuster will help you get your vehicle repaired by starting with the actual cash value of the vehicle. You will be required to pay your deductible. Now, this only applies if you have collision, but I am assuming that you do, since you talk about rental coverage. Why are you questioning your rental coverage? YOU purchased it, and now you want to say that its not enough coverage?:confused:

I don't know what an insurance assessment is. I don't know what automatic repairs are.

If you purchased medical payments coverage, and go to the doctor, it will pay for those bills, up to the limits on the policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">