• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsure who is at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

esmerelda

What is the name of your state? FL
I was riding in my car on the highway, when i noticed a car had somehow veered off the road onto the grass past an exit. I was too far away to see how the car had veered off the road. when i realized something had gone wrong suddenly the person in front of me had slammed on the brakes to avoid htting the person in front of them, who had also slammed on the brakes. I quickly switched lanes to avoid hitting the person in front of me but I was a little too late as I bumped the back side of their bumper. Their bumper was damaged. we exchanged information and decided to talk about the issue later since the damage was not extensive. There was no discussion of guilt. I just assumed this was not my fault since the person had come to a screeching halt on a highway with 70mph speed limit. Who is at fault if anyone?

Or Not

esmerelda said:
What is the name of your state? FL
Who is at fault if anyone?
It is 100% your responsibility to follow at a distance that will allow you to stop without plowing into the person infront of you, regardless of their reason for stopping.

You are at fault. Completely.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Or Not said:
It is 100% your responsibility to follow at a distance that will allow you to stop without plowing into the person infront of you, regardless of their reason for stopping.

You are at fault. Completely.
Bingo - right on the nose

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">