• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Auto Accidents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

locariel

What is the name of your state? CA

I have two cases. It involves my brother and my mother. First my brother was in car accident last year and he was driving another persons vehicle (member of church) and he was an uninsured, but the owners have Geico insurance. It wasn't his fault and he was receiving bills for the ambulance and hospital. The owner of the vehicle told him that she would take care of the medical bills, but hasn't and his bills have been sen to a collecting agency. It's been about a year and they haven't been taken care of. He was just given $400 dollars for the entire accident to put into some of his medical bills. And she only paid a few of them and the remainder of his medical bills are approx. $3000. Also he had a base guitar that was totalled and that wasn't recovered also. What can I do about it? He can't afford to pay for the medical bills, he was told that it would be taken care of and it wasn't.

My next case is that my mother (single) was rear-ended by a drunk driver. This accident kept her off work and without pay. This has caused her distress, pain and suffering. How can she be helped.

Thank YouWhat is the name of your state?

moburkes

First my brother was in car accident last year and he was driving another persons vehicle (member of church) and he was an uninsured, but the owners have Geico insurance. It wasn't his fault and he was receiving bills for the ambulance and hospital. The owner of the vehicle told him that she would take care of the medical bills, but hasn't and his bills have been sen to a collecting agency. It's been about a year and they haven't been taken care of. He was just given $400 dollars for the entire accident to put into some of his medical bills. And she only paid a few of them and the remainder of his medical bills are approx. $3000. Also he had a base guitar that was totalled and that wasn't recovered also. What can I do about it? He can't afford to pay for the medical bills, he was told that it would be taken care of and it wasn't.
I'm slightly confused. Your brother should be getting reimbursed by the at fault party. I'm not sure, every time you mention "the owners", who you are referring to. The owner of the vehicle he was driving, or the owner of the vehicle of the at-fault party? If an insurance company wrote him a check for $400, and he accepted it, then he also signed a settlement statement. He ain't getting more money from ANY ONE after he did that. The guitar should have been covered by the at fault party, but if it wasn't, then his homeowners/renters insurance would cover it.

My next case is that my mother (single) was rear-ended by a drunk driver. This accident kept her off work and without pay. This has caused her distress, pain and suffering. How can she be helped.
She should sue the at fault party. Why has she been off work? Was she injured?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">